How to Start
First off, I recommend posting your contract as soon as you can. Here are the recommended sites:
- The BYU-I Bulletin Board (this is where most buyers come from)
- Facebook (don’t forget to ask your friends to share)
Note: Make sure you are posting/reposting often so your post doesn’t drop to the bottom of the list.
The Basics of Selling
- Your contract price sale will need to start at the full price. You can lower the cost to whatever you would like, but just know that you will be responsible for the difference.
- To sell a contract at Abri, there is a $100 transfer fee.
- If you do not find a buyer before your rent is due, please know that anything that you pay towards the rent of the semester you are selling can be refunded to you once you find a buyer.
- When you find a buyer, please let me know. I will need to send you a seller agreement and a buyer agreement to the person purchasing your contract.
What your buyer will do
- Contact Abri Apartments to let us know they are purchasing your contract as well as start an application on our website.
- Put down in the contract that they are buying from you.
- Pay their own $50 application fee and $150 deposit.
Let’s Work Together
Please know that I want you to be able to sell your contract, and I want to help you. I will add your name to my list of residents who are selling. If anyone comes in asking who is selling their contract or about vacancies in your apartment, I will give them your name and information, so they can contact you.
Also, if you need any help or advice about knowing what to post about your contract, please let us know,
If you have any other questions, please call us at (208) 417-7223, text our Google number at (208) 557-8502, or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.